”The Nobel Prize - For the Greatest Benefit to Mankind”
Nobel Media’s editorial team curates the official digital Nobel Prize channels with the mission to inform, engage and inspire a global audience on the Nobel Prize awarded achievements and to spark interest in science, literature and peace-related topics. Over the last two years, Nobel Media has seen a very strong digital growth by focusing on an active editorial approach. Now we are ready to take the next big steps. In order to do this, three new positions are being created to strengthen the editorial team - located at Sturegatan in central Stockholm.
This position is part of the editorial team, specialising in social media. The focus will be producing and publishing the impactful stories of the Nobel Prize and making them relevant to a global audience every day. You will keep track of the global user-base and see what resonates and how we can constantly improve. Finding the right tonality and discover ways of making engaging quality content in creative ways will be key, and a global perspective on publishing and storytelling is required. Reporting to the Editorial Social Media Manager.
- Producing content with social media in mind: writing texts, creating videos, curating news feeds and comments, making interviews, live reporting
- Publishing for social media, optimizing each channel
Documented experience of:
- Journalistic work as editor, writer or other position with storytelling perspective for 2 years
- Responsibility for social media content for an editorial entity, organization or company, including planning, production, publishing and analyzing for 2 years
- Advanced use of Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects
- Video production for social media channels
- Interviewing for television, live broadcasting
- A university degree in journalism, communication or similar field.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English. English is the publishing language for the digital Nobel Prize platforms. Other language skills are a bonus.
- Knowledgeable about Nobel Prize-related fields such as science, culture and peace.
- International experience from organizations/companies with a global outreach.
- Well connected in the digital community
- A strong visual life
You are creative, competitive, self-reliant. You’re always curious on the latest developments in the social media area and eager to try new things. You’re structured and you always keep quality in mind. A social team-player.
Nobel Media AB develops and manages programs, productions and media rights of the Nobel Prize within the areas of digital and broadcast media, publishing as well as events.
The Nobel Media editorial team works in close collaboration with other entities in the Nobel Prize sphere, with digital publishing in mind. The editorial work spans from announcing the new Nobel Laureates in October each year, producing daily social media videos, driving ambitious web projects to amplifying events and exhibitions around the world.
Explore the main Nobel Prize digital channels: