Country Manager (Swedish)
VICE/VIRTUE are looking for a dedicated and ambitious Country Manager responsible for ramping up our business in Sweden.
VICE is a global youth media company and the industry leader in producing and distributing the best online video content in the world. Launched in 1994 as a punk magazine, VICE now operates in 36 countries and has expanded into a multimedia network, including the world's premier source for original online video, VICE.COM; an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; and a book-publishing division.
VIRTUE Worldwide, the in-house creative agency by VICE, is a global, full-service creative agency born out of VICE Media. VIRTUE acts as lead creative, content, and cultural agency and engages on project-based assignments for our clients. VIRTUE will be the main focus in this position.
VICE/VIRTUE in Scandinavia has experienced an explosive growth. In four years we have grown from 5 people to more than 120 in our office in Copenhagen, we are now 15 people in Stockholm and have recently opened a new office in Oslo. So this is the chance to be a part of a crazy ride and take lead in the continuously growth of our business in Sweden.
As a Country Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Swedish office. You will generally oversee all aspects of the business, ensuring the company is profitable and successful in close cooperation with the Scandinavian Management team in Copenhagen, Denmark. At any given time, your responsibilities range from human resources to sales and financial reporting to client services.
In line with VICE’s aim for significant and rapid growth, there will be an emphasis on sales, your ability to drive new business and increase profits.
While all areas of the business are ultimately your responsibility, some particularly key responsibilities are:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all business development, taking personal responsibility for all key pitches and sales opportunities.
- Identify new trends in media business practice and ensure VICE remains at the cutting edge of communications and media.
- Day to day management responsibility for all staff in close cooperation with the Scandinavian Management team.
- Create initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximises core strengths.
- Responsibility for all VICE’s SE accounts and client relationships.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and budgeting.
- Promote VICE to clients, media and internal staff.
- Implement VICE policies.
- 6+ years of experience from a similar position, preferably in the creative agency business
- Organisational skills, Analytical skills, Critical thinking abilities, Project management, Productivity management, Business development, Strategic thinking .
- Leadership abilities and Management experience is a must.
- Digital mindset, deep curiosity and knowledge of media, content marketing and communication.
- Extrovert, a strong drive and target-driven.
- Entrepreneurial by nature. With ability to forecast problems, and provide outside the box thinking.
- Self-motivated, you just get on with it.
- Proactive, industrious, driven and extremely organized.
- Strong presentation, multitasking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Swedish and English).
- Experienced user in Google docs., Keynote and Excel.
WE OFFER YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Be a part of the world's #1 content agency and youth media
- Create creative solutions on multiple platforms
- Work with content which has a commercial and cultural impact
- Work alongside talented and passionate colleagues in an international office
Location: Stockholm, Sweden. There will be some overnight travel involved in this position, mainly to Copenhagen.
You will be reporting to Anja Agerbo Thomsen, VP, VICE Media Scandinavia.
We look forward to hearing from you!